Posted by: Grant | September 4, 2010

Power Bills – Why?

‘Be nice if there was a good reason for it – wouldn’t it?
The inner city, bourgeois, trendy intellectual snobs, who vote Green may not care if their power bills double, but a lot of battlers do.
 
The inner city, bourgeois, trendy intellectual snobs, who vote Green may be able to put up a solar cell power system which costs more than every power bill they will get for the rest of their lives, but a lot of battlers have trouble paying their regular 3-month fossil bill when it rears its ugly head and so do the businesses they work for.
 
ADELAIDE NOW
South Australian power bills set to shock
MEREDITH BOOTH
From: The Advertiser September 02, 2010 12:51AM
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/south-australian-power-bills-set-to-shock/story-e6frea83-1225913059111
 
"SOUTH Australian households can expect their electricity bill to rise by 50 per cent in five to 10 years as more power comes from renewable energy on improved networks, ElectraNet chief executive Ian Stirling says.
That would translate to a $100 electricity bill now rising to $145 between 2015 and 2020, he said.
The price rise would be further increased by annual inflation.
Mr Stirling estimates that ElectraNet, the owner and operator of South Australia’s electricity transmission system, would need a $3 billion overhaul in the next 10 years to improve the network between power generators and sub-stations.
"That all has to be paid for by customers," he said.
The cost of generating and distributing electricity represents 80 per cent of electricity costs passed on to consumers; transmission and retail take up the remaining 20 per cent of an average electricity bill, he said.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: